register to reply

milk is not pumping out from the receiving can (picture)  

WaMoo

I'm so tired of this problem. The whole machine stops when the milk is full in the receiving can.  I had a technician coming to fix this at least four times so far. 

BBA10169 9196 4D42 ACB9 ABE5730A8ACB
Topic Tags
7 Replies
Anna
 Anna
Admin

I wonder if you and I have the same issue. The plant stops when it's recycling the hot water. Not all the time though. It would suck if it happens during milking.  

Masato N

I am not sure if it's the same problem but my plant stops occasionally like once in a couple of months.It always stops by the air line choked with overflawn liquid from the receiver can caused by the pump besides it failed to suck it off.Called out the technician but he only ahrugged his shoulder.While I am not sure if I figured out what causes it,suspecting the path underneith the receiver can to the milk lifter pump is air locked somehow(maybe by the turbulence of the washing plant or pouring milk) as once started the plant again with the bung off the pipe to the milk lifter ,it runs without the problem.Although the design of the plants are different from each farm,I think worth trying to sort "the air lock issue".

Unfortunatelly I still don't know the solution while it's happning so if it's the case I would go grab as many buckets to make calves happier for the day. 

receiving can
1 Reply
WaMoo

@masato

so clean, would like to swim in there! 🙂

Henry

Oh, I know what it is like. I struggled with this problem before. It happens especially during early lactation.  All the cows shit, not a nice way to start the morning.

The good news is, we fixed this problem. Yeah Yeah!!

It's Waikato, It must be at least 15 years old now. and 

It was the pump!

I had a technician come to the farm many many many times, trust me. They 'fix' it (told me it's fixed) and the problem seems to go away, and a month later. Bang. again, all the cups drop. Call the technician again, come and 'fix' the problem.. In three months time, dropping cups on the platform. again and again. by the way, I paid the bills every time. 

I suggested changing the pump, He didn't really want to do it but did the end.  fixed it right there.

I haven't had overflooding the last two seasons. 

Farmerjo355
Trusted Member

Could be something as simple as too much milk for the pump to handle, often happens in the morning milkings only during peak season. Otherwise, I would wonder if one of the blades on the propeller in the motor has cracked out; often they are only made of ctheramics and do wear out now and again. Is the sanitary can overflowing before the plant floods or is it solely the receiving can? If so, I'd also check your liners and claw gaskets for wear.

All the best.

Anna
 Anna
Admin
Posted by: @farmerjo355

blades on the propeller in the motor has cracked out; often they are only made of ctheramics and do wear out now and again

might have to check that out, never thought about checking that part.

I am doing my best not to call a technician, try to fix it myself. 

NZCOWMAN

It happens during the recycling hot water but I have never called a technician yet because it doesn't happen that often. 

It is annoying.

register to reply