register to reply
Notifications
Clear all

Cow Brush  

FarmerJack

We have a couple of standard fixed brushes and would like to upgrade to some automatic ones. I’m looking for a brush that will last all rounder that is super reliable.

any recommendation?

8 Replies
Arjan

Delaval has really good ones. the will swing in every direction. cows love them.

1 Reply
Anna
 Anna
Admin

@arjan

do you use it indoor? the yellow one right?

FarmerJack

We 're milking 400 cows through a 40 aside herringbone shed and they will be using a cow brush right after they walk out of the milking shed,  I wonder if 1 is not going to be enough or they will over use and break it. Are they going to fight over it? 

What do you think?

3 Replies
Anna
 Anna
Admin

@farmerjack

They might overuse and might break it. You probably need more than one.

Ed

@farmerjack

They can be quite rough with them but they seem built for it. I’d get at least two. Be mindful of cow flow if it’s as they come out. Ours is actually on the yard so they can enjoy it while waiting 😆

Anna
 Anna
Admin

@emds

I wonder if they fight over the brush and cause 'disharmony' on the yead. haha.

How many cows are using it? 

Ed

We’ve had a Lely Luna for several years (and it’s been outside which isn’t usual) and it’s been brilliant. Cows love it. 

Anna
 Anna
Admin

We are using DeLaval brush. 

This is for indoor use only but we have been using it outside. bad idea. kind of stupid,,  At the end, it finally broke and I had to get it fixed, of course, lots of money. not surprising.

My moos are loving this Delaval cow brush but I wonder if Lely one could be better?

register to reply