register to reply
Need advice on how ...

Notifications
Clear all

Need advice on how to start in dairy industry please  

Mamatntk20

Hi all, it feels like it’s going to be a slow road until I’m able to get a job on a dairy farm. At the moment I have no CV, no cover letter in fact I haven’t had a job for years as I have been raising children. 

So I’m wondering? How would I go about say writing a new job profile on farmsourcenz with no cv or cover letter? I have on-farm experience, possess basic knowledge of fencing, teat spraying, weed control, pastures, landscaping, tractor, 2 and 4 wheeler experience and chainsaw use and maintenance. 

I also have a strong passion for dairy farming, competent with ATV/safety, quiet/patient with stock, problem solving, moving stock, cleaning the yard and feeding calves and milking cows.

Over the years I’ve been trying to figure out what I want to do as a career. There have been many options such as sfx make-up artistry and a chef. Both would have been great but I’ve always been drawn back towards dairy farming.

I feel stuck because it has been over 10 years since I was ever on a farm and it feels like getting into the industry is going to take longer than I thought.

Topic Tags
1 Reply
Anna
 Anna
Admin

Have you tried to get a relief milking job?? That might be the easiest to get. just my opinion.

Soon, like March, more farmers will be looking for employees because everyone is moving in June.

register to reply