register to reply

Time to complain 😉  

Farmerjo355
Trusted Member

Coffee club has led to a discussion, I want your oppinions. From an employee point of view, what makes a shit farm manager? What kind of things do we do that really make you hate us?

Curiosity never manages to kill this cat!

4 Replies
Anna
 Anna
Admin

I know what makes me unhappy. 

Not a farm manager. calf rearer feeds bobbies cold milk on my farm. I don't like it. 

Am I strange wanting to feed bobbies warm milk?

Mugera. M jobseeker
Trusted Member

Sorry Anna, factly, you are not strange the golden rule when mixing cmr is the serving temperature that must be stated and known by cmr mixer. Calves shouldnot be given milk below or above the serving temperature as this will affect calf health. S/he must have thermometer to guage milk before served.  rather would have given calf electrolytes or colostrum or yoghurt and serve it milk in next feeding routine.

Anna
 Anna
Admin

I don't use powder milk.  Do you not use cow milk to feed your calves?

I know Farmsource store sell CMR, always wonder who buys them and why?

1 Reply
Mugera. M jobseeker

Trusted Member

@lizard9569gmail-com

Only bulls are fed on first grade and second grade colostrum/milk, heifers are given colostrum in first 12 hours, there after they start Powder milk till offmilk time. It is assumed that cmr has higher nutritional values, makes calves grow very fast and gain height. When you look at calves that are fed on cmr and those on milk, you see a great difference.

register to reply