register to reply
Notifications
Clear all

Milk Warmer  

Anna
 Anna
Admin

Hi everyone.

Do you like using your milk warmer? I scrubbed the milk warmer today(packing up calf rearing gear), thinking how much hassle it is to use. I wish it didn't stick as much. 

Topic Tags
10 Replies
Henry

It is hard to get rid of milk once it's stuck, true.

Mugera. M jobseeker
Trusted Member

Please Anna, add complement in warm water and scrub, after rinse with plenty of water you will see how easy and sparkle it is.

Anna
 Anna
Admin

What chemical do you add? I only soak in water and hate scrubbing.

3 Replies
Mugera. M jobseeker

Trusted Member

@lizard9569gmail-com

Anna, the chemical is called Complement Circulation Cleaner. You can use it in both cold and hot water thought better in hot water. In 100 water litres add 3 litres of complement. This water must be boiled from 65° to 75°c. It softens the dirt, kills bacteria and leaves anything you want to clean sparkling

Mugera. M jobseeker

Trusted Member
Posted by: @mugera-jobseeker

@lizard9569gmail-com

Anna, the chemical is called Complement Circulation Cleaner. You can use it in both cold and hot water though better in hot water. In 100 water litres add 3 litres of complement. This water must be boiled from 65° to 75°c. It softens the dirt, kills bacteria and leaves anything you want to clean sparkling.

young farmer

Anna
 Anna
Admin
Posted by: @mugera-jobseeker

complement circulation cleaner,

Do you buy them from rd1 or crt? Do you still have to scrub? 

(farmsource or farmland, too long to write, wish they didn't change their store names)

One day I am going to invent milk warmer that doesn't involve scrubbing at all.

I am going to try Complement Circulation Cleaner next season.  Good info!

Cheers.

Anna
 Anna
Admin

What would be the most ideal temperature for feeding calves?

2 Replies
Mugera. M jobseeker

Trusted Member

@lizard9569gmail-com

Anna, the feeding Temperature is determined by weather. The ideal serving Temperature is 38°c or 39°c during summer and 40°c or 41°c during winter.

For example during summer, mornings tend to be not so hot so you can serve at 39°c and in afternoon as sun declines you can serve at 38. The same in winter 41 and 40°c . note, you can choose to serve using 38°c only, or 39°c only, 41°c only,  or 40°c only depending on how you see the weather.

Your thermometer (dip stick like structure) should always be with you in cold water in a safe place. In case it gets broken and mercury leaks into milk, just spill whole milk otherwise the pain of loosing all calves will be much.

young farmer

@lizard9569gmail-com

I take off my gloves and use my hand to check the temperature. 

register to reply