register to reply

Masstits  

Page 2 / 2

Anna
 Anna
Admin

Loos like everyone is using Orbenin L.A I only use Mastalone and intracillin.

I tube per day for 3 days. If it's bad I use needle treatment, 30ml once a day for 3 days.

Anna
 Anna
Admin

It's expensive 🙁

Screen Shot 2020 01 12 at 9.01.30 AM

Vlado

Thank you Anna. It would be interesting to compare prices and efficiency of Orbenin L.A. and Intracillin 1000 and Penclox 1200. If anyone has any expererience with these it would be great to see the data.

Joshua

If it's really bad, I use Tylofen.

I know it's expensive, will find out the price soon. 

Screen Shot 2020 01 13 at 7.27.41 PM

Farmerjo355
Trusted Member

Orbenin LA and intracillin are the baseline products and designed to only treat one or two strands of mastitis and are usually the cheaper options. While intracillin in pretty commonly used year round, Orbenin is most cost effective when used only late spring till the end of summer because it doesnt tend to kill off environmental mastitis as well as other products. Penclox was brought out as a generalized "one drug for all" treatment aimed at the 4 main strands of mastitis and meaning we dont have to keep as many products in the drug cabinet. Realistically, if it doesnt fix the mastitis, then intracillin and orbenin are unlikely to fix it either, would be better to hit it with something hard and strong. The name has alluded me until now but ask your vet for Penthaject... It's an injectable drug designed to work in conjunction with typical intramammery drugs like penclox and does a pretty good job in most cases

Vlado

Will surey check on Penthaject. Do you know how many treatments is it recommended and much it could cost per dose?

But what I am interested in determing is the ideal cost/benefit ratio for treateing less severe cases of mastitis with intrammary antibiotics but without the use of additional drugs. Penclox and Orbenin seem to be falling into this cheaper category despite their differences. Therefore it would be interesting to compare prices and efficacy experiences regarding those two when used for less severe cases and when used alone. Either information regarding cost per package, dose or treatment would help.

Jason
Posted by: @vlado

Penclox 1200 or Orbenin LA and now how much did it cost you per package and how many tubes were there in the package?

I use them. will try to find the invoice to share the price with you : )

Page 2 / 2
register to reply